Monday, May 16, 2011

Prom Dress Refashion #1

The first prom I went to, I decided to wear this simple red Calvin Klein gown I wore a few years ago in my first pageant.
(The original dress during the pageant)           (After refashioning)
Everything fit perfectly except for the bust area, because frankly, I have way bigger boobs now than I did when I was 14. So I took out some black tulle and sewed a ruffle at the top of the neckline to give myself a bit more coverage. It looked cute and definitely solved my problem, but to me it looked a bit random and unfinished. So I got out some black crystal beads and embellished the front a bit to tie in more of the black color. (The gold bead in the center actually is one of my mom's earrings from the 80's lol) I still felt like the dress was a bit unfinished, so I took some tulle and made a belt underneath my bust, and tied it in a cute little bow in the back. Perfect! I got lots of compliments on it, and I definitely didn't have to worry about anyone having the same dress as me!
(Close up of the beading)




1 comment:

Heather Feather said...

Wow I love this refashion! It's gorgeous and it looks like it was made that way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...